Soup Sisters has become a Soup Bank, producing soup specifically and intentionally for agencies in need, and continues to provide our message of 'we care' to Canadians.
CANADA'S FIRST SOUP BANK
Delivering Hugs in a Bowl
When the pandemic began, Soup Sisters realized the importance of adapting its delivery approach to provide assistance to communities facing food insecurity. As a result, Soup Sisters established the first Soup Bank in Canada.
We're making a profound and tangible difference, and with your support
the impact can be monumental.
Everything starts with proper nourishment.
The Soup Sisters Soup Bank produces highly nutritious soup large scale at a food safe commercial production facility. Our Soup Bank has delivered over 225,000 lbs of fresh soup to more than
40 agencies nationwide.
Our recipes are specifically developed with the support of food scientists and Chef Michael Allemeier CMC, one of three Certified Master Chefs in Canada. Soup is freshly made, flash frozen, heat and serve. It is then generously delivered by Lineage Logistics.
IT IS OUR INHERENT BELIEF THAT SOUP IS
THE UNIVERSAL COMFORT FOOD
The agencies we support with our delicious ready to eat, heat and serve soup tell us repeatedly that the value of our support has a positive impact on the physical and mental health of their clients. They appreciate it has been developed specifically for them, and most importantly, that the donation is not random, thereby resulting in minimal waste. This pandemic illustrates the critical need for healthy food. It saves lives.
7,000,000 individuals experienced food insecurity in Canada in the past 12 months.
There has been a 70+% surge in food insecurity nationwide in 2023 compared to 2019
and pre the COVID-19 pandemic.
Change begins with great community partners.
· Soup Sisters is committed to providing highly nourishing, well balanced meals that provide the support needed to thrive.
· Our delicious heat and serve soup reinforces the perspective that no matter the circumstance we all deserve high-quality food.
· We give to others the same way we give to our own, and it is our inherent belief that soup is the universal comfort food.
WE ARE ABLE TO OPERATE WITH ZERO FOOD WASTE
• The soup is produced large scale allowing for economical production.
• Each kettle produces about 2500 lbs of soup.
• The generosity of Lineage Logistics means we can deliver nationwide.
• The soup has been formulated for optimum nutrition with low sodium and fresh ingredients.
• The soup is convenient. Packaged in family-size 4 lb bags, it is flash frozen, ready to heat and serve.